19.06.2012 - 22.06.2012 30 °C
Prue and I board the plane and are immediately excited about what the future holds 'all day dinning - cookies and ice cream are available throughout the flight.' Two ice creams and a quick walk across the tarmac into the 43 degree heat of Doha, we finally arrive in Munich! Enrico is eagerly awaiting for his hausfrau, Aussie flag and all!
My few days in Salzburg were the perfect start! Sunny, 34 degrees during the day and summer thunderstorms at night! Enrico was the perfect host, he had even packed food in the car for when we arrived! I am by no means a writer so I have decided the most efficient way to do this for me is dot points...
1. 'Hiking' - We were to hike to a mountain hut and spend the night but the weather wasn't on our side so we decided to do a day trip instead! (a good thing because we were so tired I don't think we would have made the 3.5hr walk)
2. 'Swimming' An amazing day in a nearby lake with Enrico and his friend Uwwwwwee. So much fun and surprising didn't even get sunburnt!
Practicing German - hund, ice, berg
3. 'Irish pub' A fun night out on the town which involved many shots, Uwwwe favorite being 'Monkey Fuckers!' Once again the boys were very hospitable and we didn't spend a cent!
4. A day exploring the Salzburg fort and sights followed by a trip to Norma to buy food for lunch, Prue was gonig to show off her hausfrau abilities. Shame they didn't take mastercard there, no worry's though because once again Uwwwwee (the manager) pays for everything. Good way to shop!
5. German v Greece in Eurocup at traditional beer hall....not as good as AFL!
Early morning (although alll were early because the sun rises at 5.10am and no body has curtains) to catch the train to Strabourg to meet the family!!